  1. daneelshof

    daneelshof Guest

    Does anyone have a way of getting me the latest BIOS update for the Ultra 40? The situation with Oracle and their obnoxious patch policy means I don't have a way of accessing the official downloads. Thanks!

    daneelshof, Apr 29, 2014

  2. daneelshof

    DoN. Nichols Guest

    I don't find the Ultra 40 included in the list of systems in the
    on-line system handbook in Australia. IF you mean the Ultra-30, that is
    a quite old system by now, and is likely to have nothing newer
    available, unless it went un-patched for a long time in service. I do
    have the last patch for the Ultra-30's big brother, the Ultra-60, and
    that one is:

    LATEST flash-update-Ultra60-09; flash-update-Ultra60-latest
    UPA/PCI 3.31 Version 0 created 2001/07/25 20:31
    POST: 2.0.3

    It *might* even accept the same patch -- i don't know for sure.

    If the Ultra-40 is a newer system, all bets are off.

    Good Luck,
    DoN.

    DoN. Nichols, Apr 30, 2014

  3. For reasons only known to Sun's marketing folks, the later
    Sun desktops were AMD64 based.

    SPARC:
    Ultra 5/Ultra 10/Ultra 30/Ultra 60/SunBlade 1500, etc.
    Later, x86:
    Ultra 20, Ultra 40

    Don't think that the SPARC firmware will work on the AMD64 systems :)

    Casper

    Casper H.S. Dik, Apr 30, 2014