Ultra 5 - krtld flub

Discussion in 'Sun Hardware' started by Netnews Marty, Aug 6, 2003.

  1. Have U5 360/256mb that's been booting from a 9gb IDE for 1.5 yrs. Solaris 8 +
    3/2002 suggested patches.

    Then comes

    krtld: error during initial load/link phase
    etc.

    -and it might say-

    genunix: can't read symbols

    -or it'll miraculously boot-

    Move disk to 270/128mb U5 & up she comes.

    The 360/256mb comes up fine on the above U5's disk.

    Can't find a past post on this one.

    Thanks readers,

    Marty

    Netnews Marty, Aug 6, 2003