    with LVD drives and an LVD terminator?
    Thanks
    Robert

    r_dirosario, Mar 4, 2007

  2. Hi,

    It is rated I think for 40MB/s, but why not give it a try at any speed
    you like!

    Gh

    Michael Laajanen, Mar 4, 2007

  3. r_dirosario

    r_dirosario Guest

    I don't know how to get Solaris 10 to tell me what speed the SCSI bus
    is running at. I also don't know if the Ultra version of the 711 box
    works in LVD mode or only SE mode.

    The drive box has 6 LVD drives installed and it's connected to the
    external SCSI bus on my Ultra60. I picked up a dual Ultra2 SCSI /
    dual fast ethernet card (501-5727) and a dual Ultra3 SCSI card
    (375-3057) from ebay and want to put the box on one of those
    controllers.

    Thanks
    Robert

    r_dirosario, Mar 4, 2007
  4. r_dirosario

    Claus Dragon Guest

    Just try bonnie++

    http://www.coker.com.au/bonnie++/
    --
    Claus Dragon <>
    =(UDIC)=

    - Me, lately.

    Claus Dragon, Mar 4, 2007
  5. Hi,

    Just put the box on the one you prefer(fastests) and see how it runs!

    Also remember no HD drive will run fasster that 5-70 MB/s, having a
    faster bus connecting them will only make a difference if you have them
    in a raid configuration.

    /michael

    Michael Laajanen, Mar 4, 2007
  6. r_dirosario

    Sunny Guest

    Just Ultra1 - 20MB/s, no LVD :(

    Sunny

    Sunny, Mar 5, 2007
  7. r_dirosario

    DoN. Nichols Guest

    Note that these boxes, while they accept LVD *drives*, provide a
    single-ended connection to the computer. If you hang them on a LVD
    controller, they will still be operating in single-ended mode.

    *And* the box is self terminating. You don't need (or want) an
    LVD terminator on the end. Though if it is the kind which will
    auto-switch to SE, it will simply confirm what the box is doing anyway.
    The box can even automatically terminate the upper half of the bus if
    you connect a cable to a narrow SCSI box following it -- but that narrow
    SCSI box will probably need a terminator.

    My FEH is too old (yet again) to show either of the cards which
    you got, so I don't know what they are.

    Good Luck,
    DoN.

    DoN. Nichols, Mar 5, 2007