    concerned, comparing let's say a V440 with a V480.

    Regs,
    Andy

    Andy S, Nov 7, 2003

  2. SCSI320 is the better one.
    With normal scsi < 320 the commands are transmitted at 5mhz.
    FC-AL transmits the comands at full transport speed, better IO for small
    files.
    SCSI320 changed that, since it transports the commands at full transmit
    speed too, making it the faster tech.

    --
    Barbie - Prayers are like junkmail for Jesus

    I have seen things you lusers would not believe.
    I've seen Sun monitors on fire off the side of the multimedia lab.
    I've seen NTU lights glitter in the dark near the Mail Gate.
    All these things will be lost in time, like the root partition last week.
    Time to die.

    Barbie LeVile, Nov 7, 2003