Unable to enter the bios on a MSI K7N2G

Discussion in 'MSI' started by badger, May 13, 2007.

1. badger

badger

My problem is not being able to enter the bios on a MSI K7N2G after rebuilding a spare pc with my old motherboard (which was working OK prior to the rebuild) the only difference in the set up is that there is no floppy drive fitted just a hard drive,CD and CDRW drives. The screen says something like “No FDD1 cable found CMOS error 40 defaults installed press F1 or delete to enter set-up” but neither work as the keyboard does not seem to be working i.e. no caps lock num lock lights showing.:confused:
    Any help appreciated, as at 63 this is my first attempt to enter the insides of a PC so I guess that 1 working PC out of 2 is not a bad start.:)

badger, May 13, 2007
  2. badger

badger

cured one fault

Cured one fault had the 80 and 40 way cables going to the wrong drives. Still cant get into the bios though now get “CMOS checksum error defaults loaded press F1 or delete to enter set-up” but the keyboard is not working although it works on my other PC:mad: :mad:

badger, May 14, 2007
Ask a Question