    updated the free version of ZoneAlarm to version 5, defragmented fine,
    scanned for virus fine, but ScanDisk goes back to boot up after the initial
    screen. Could ZoneAlarm be interfering? What else could it be?

    bullseye, May 28, 2004

  2. bullseye

    bullseye Guest

    After I restart the system and the final black screen comes up to begin
    checking the disk, I get this message:

    "Cannot open volume for direct access."

    bullseye, May 28, 2004

  3. Get rid of ZA5 and go back to 4.5 until they solve the problems with it.

    The upgrade has problems with too many programs to even begin naming them
    all.
    For a quick glimpse, take a look at the support forums on www.zonelabs.com

    Edward J. Neth, May 28, 2004
  4. bullseye

    bullseye Guest

    Thank you for the tip. I will uninstall version 5 and revert back to 4.5.

    bullseye, May 28, 2004