    The above is for information and if you find your M/B not stable don't
    just inrease the voltage but try to decrease it.

    BigVoice

    BigVoice, Jan 14, 2006

  2. BigVoice

    Geezah Guest

    The higher the CPU voltage the faster the CPU will run, BUT it will
    also run hotter. I do not know about Intel's new line But my Northwood
    will throttle down when it gets too hot.

    I have my CPU undervolted by .1 v from the default of 1.52v. This
    dropped my temps 8 - 10 degrees C. I also have my ram running a bit hot
    (2.74 up from 2.64 default)

    GA-8KNXP rev 2, 3.0 gb P IV Northwood core, 1 gb OCZ PC3200EL

    been awhile, how all You folks doin'!

    geezah

    Geezah, Feb 5, 2006