    featureless nature of the mobo?

    Or indeed is there another trick to allow me to drop the multiplier?

    Thanks

    Keiron, Sep 19, 2009

  2. Keiron

    Keiron Guest

    Oops, clearly its the FSB that won't drop in the bios. There is no
    multiplier setting in the bios as far as I can see. Either way and
    anyway, I'd like to drop both the multiplier and the FSB.

    Ideas.

    Cheers

    Keiron, Sep 19, 2009

  3. Keiron

    Wes Newell Guest

    Usually, There's a jumper setting on the MB to set the default FSB to 100
    or 133. You really don't want to go in between these settings unless you
    really know what you are doing because of the way it affects the other
    bus speeds. Check your MB manual for FSB jumpers. Some boards also have
    jumpers for the multiplier, or to enable the bios to change them. Of
    course the ability to change the multiplier will depend on if the cpu you
    have is locked or not. And that's another can of worms. More info in
    sigline.

    Wes Newell, Sep 19, 2009