Underside of PT6 deluxe V2

Discussion in 'Asus' started by schneid, Mar 12, 2010.

  1. schneid

    schneid Guest

    It seems that my Asus PT6 v2 MB is defective. I tried to be extra cautious
    at the outset and had the board professionally modified for water cooling.
    I have read elsewhere that removing the heatpipe should not invalidate the
    guarantee, but I have subequently been told by the supplier of the board
    that it should be returned in the same state as it was supplied.

    I have all the original parts (I think, since I did not open the box before
    sending the board off for the modification). The original heatpipe system
    was returned with the modified by the company that carried out the
    modification (which involved no more than fitting waterblocks after
    installing the processor and removing the heatpipe).

    The company that carried out the modification re-used the original Assus
    rubber heatpads under the water-cooled copper waterblocks that are supposed
    the cool the chip set. I have reapplied these to the Asus heatpipe. I also
    have two springloaded screws which I suspect are used to mount the
    Northbridge from the reverse side of the board. I think two whitish washers
    were used with these screws. My problem is that I have 6 additional whitish
    washers and I have no idea where they go. Do they go on the sprung barbs on
    the reverse side?

    I should be most grateful for some input and hope that I am posting this
    plea for help in an appropriate forum.
    Thx.
    gaga

    schneid, Mar 12, 2010

  2. schneid

    PRIVATE Guest

    I'm curious about this company. Can you provide a name and a URL? Are
    you willing to say how much you paid for this service, above the cost
    of the parts?

    Thanks,

    -AH

    PRIVATE, Mar 12, 2010