Unitrode/Benchmarq/TI bq2050 "gas gauge" eval bd s/w for DOS

Discussion in 'Embedded' started by msg, Apr 22, 2006.

  1. msg

    msg Guest

    Greetings:

    Does anyone have the DOS software to talk to the bq2050
    eval board (model ev2050) which uses a PC serial port
    for communication?

    The software was originally available on Benchmarq's
    website as 'ev2050.zip'; searching the web and ftp
    spaces on TI comes up null (likewise for global web
    and ftp searches). The eval board uses RTS and CTS
    to bit-bang the comm interface and the DOS software
    generates power for the driver IC by toggling DTR and
    TxD for the pos. and neg. rails respectively.

    The software is described as menu-driven and permits
    access to all programming and status on the bq2050.

    The chip's serial interface is not 1-wire, I2C or SMBus
    but a unique 333 bps serial protocol on a single bi-
    directional line; in laptop battery monitoring, it seems
    that this is often handled by the kbd controller and
    low-level bios routines. Is anyone aware of an API
    (BIOS, DOS, *nix, win32, etc)?

    Regards,

    Michael Grigoni
    Cybertheque Museum

    msg, Apr 22, 2006

  2. msg

    Neil Guest

    The communication is described in the Data Sheet. All though not very well.
    Have you tried emailing TI?

    Neil, Apr 23, 2006

  3. msg

    msg Guest

    Indeed, that's where I started...
    I had just hoped to find that DOS software to avoid a coding chore
    of some magnitude on the PC platform.
    No, I would appreciate any insight regarding the likelihood of
    success using that channel for a discontinued product (ev2050) and
    any pointers to internal addresses or personnel for better chances.

    Regards,

    Michael Grigoni
    Cybertheque Museum

    msg, Apr 23, 2006
  4. msg

    Neil Guest

    I am not sure who to contact.
    I will see if I can find you a copy.
    I assume you have the EV2050 board. The program will not work without
    it. They have a newer USB one. It does HDQ, but I am not sure about DQ.

    Neil, Apr 25, 2006
  5. msg

    Neil Guest

    OK Found it. It is version 2.51 Beta.
    I have the exe and the hlp file. Not the original zip.

    Neil, Apr 26, 2006
  6. msg

    msg Guest

    Thanks much for your reply. Yes, it is the EV2050 board; I appreciate
    your help.

    Regards,

    Michael

    msg, Apr 26, 2006
  7. msg

    msg Guest

    That's great! How may I get it? E-mail attachments work or I
    can open up 'incoming' on our ftp server; please let me
    know your preference.

    Thanks so very much.

    Regards,

    Michael

    msg, Apr 26, 2006
  8. msg

    Neil Guest

    Assuming I picked out you Email Address You have it now.

    Other wise email is easier.

    Neil, Apr 27, 2006
  9. msg

    msg Guest

    Thanks again Neil, I tried replying to your e-mail but
    the smtp server rejected your address so I'll thank you
    publicly again!

    Regards,

    Michael

    msg, Apr 27, 2006
  10. msg

    Neil Guest

    Your Welcome

    Neil, Apr 28, 2006
  11. msg

    mlacatusu

    Joined:
    Feb 10, 2011
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    ev2050

    Hello Neil,

    I have the same problem as Michael. Our old PC broke down and we are looking to get the software for EV2050. can you please help me?
    Marius

    mlacatusu, Feb 10, 2011
  12. msg

    desiretec

    Joined:
    Aug 14, 2018
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hi Neil,

    could you send me the software for bq2050 . Thank you very much!

    desiretec, Aug 14, 2018