    NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 440
    Windows XP (Home).

    The Wizard of Odd

    The Wizard of Odd, Aug 11, 2003

  2. The Wizard of Odd

    Matt Guest

    Have you installed the VIA 4in1 pack yet?

    Matt, Aug 11, 2003

  3. I thought that might be the problem, so i installed it. Sort of. It caused
    so many problems on my computer, i had to do a system restore.

    TWoO

    The Wizard of Odd, Aug 12, 2003
  4. The Wizard of Odd

    Matt Guest

    Actually I think system restore is your problem. It sucks. Turn it off and
    do another install of the VIA 4in1. You have to install it my friend. There
    is no other way about it.

    Matt, Aug 12, 2003
  5. The Wizard of Odd

    NuT CrAcKeR Guest

    I had that problem on my IBM Netfinity 5500 server. There was some strange
    device that I couldnt identify... so in the dev mgr, i right clicked it, and
    told it to use windows update to locate the driver.

    It turns out it was a Virtual Fault Tolerant Raid Device.... who knew?

    After that, it was all good. Dont know if this helps or not, but its worth a
    shot.

    NuTs

    NuT CrAcKeR, Aug 13, 2003
  6. The Wizard of Odd

    Bob Wright Guest

    I have exactly the same problem with unknown device as Wizard of Odd.
    Where did you find the setting for a memory card reader?

    GA-7VRXP (ver 2)
    F-12
    Via 4in1 is installed

    Problem started after upgrading bios to F12
    WinXP Pro can find no driver

    Bob Wright, Aug 24, 2003