    Any ideas, does the control panel play any part in the drivers

    Regards

    Hugh

    hugh.w.p, Nov 17, 2003

  2. hugh.w.p

    Gordon Scott Guest

    you didnt read the installation notes. display driver (no rebbot), wdm
    drivers, then reboot.

    Gordon Scott, Nov 30, 2003

  3. I did, didn't help me. BTW, your knows are gibberish (wdm drivers???)

    Air Force Jayhawk, Dec 17, 2003
  4. hugh.w.p

    Kev Guest

    I did, didn't help me. BTW, your knows are gibberish (wdm drivers???)

    wdm=video capture drivers. If you install the recommended ATI Display
    Driver before installing the WDM driver, you may encounter an UNKNOWN
    DEVICE message when restarting your computer

    -

    Start with this page http://tinyurl.com/zli9

    Look at the low speed section. 3 files: Display , Control Panel and
    WDM(!) Capture driver. Get the files.

    Then go to this page http://tinyurl.com/zlif

    We pick up 3 files: DAO/MDAC , DVD Decoder & Multimedia Center.

    -

    Install DirectX 9(unless u got). Then Windows Media Encoder 9(link on
    the page).

    Now the drivers. WDM first(don't reboot) followed by Display(reboot) and
    finally Control Panel(reboot).

    And finally MMC. DAO/MDAC followed by DVD Decoder(optional, requires ATI
    CD) and Multimedia Center.

    -

    You might get away wth just installing the WDM drivers to fix your
    problem as stated in here.
    http://www2.ati.com/drivers/wdm_release_6224.html

    Kev, Dec 17, 2003