    functioning. Any idea how to tell just what type of hardware this might
    be since Windows does not tell me much about what the hardware is.

    Z.K.

    Z.K., Sep 2, 2007

  2. Have you installed the motherboard chipset drivers?. Several of the
    internal drivers are seen as 'PCI devices', and it is common for boards to
    give this behaviour, if not all the motherboard drivers are loaded. Since
    these are done as a complete 'set', the individual drivers are not
    normally separately visible on the disk.
    The device will under 'details' in device manager, have a PCI vendor ID,
    and device ID. A search on the web for these, will find wha the unit is.

    Best Wishes

    Roger Hamlett, Sep 3, 2007

  3. Z.K.

    Tyler Guest

    I am not familiar with the board but what is onboard as far as PCI devices
    go? Make sure they all are working, such as

    -Ethernet Controller
    -Multimedia Audio Controller
    -PCI Modem
    -SM Bus Controller
    -Video Controller

    go to the gigabyte web site and get the latest drivers and updates ,
    especially any chipset revisions

    Tyler, Sep 3, 2007
  4. Z.K.

    John Guest

    Did you install the Intel chipset drivers, this recognize some onboard
    devices or irq's

    gr. John

    John, Sep 3, 2007
  5. In the GA-965P-DS3, a similar situation occured, and I did finally track
    it down to an obscure Intel driver for an "HECI" device that is
    required. I would not be at all surprised if this is the driver that
    you need on your board as well.

    Barry Watzman, Sep 3, 2007
  6. Z.K.

    Z.K. Guest

    I figured out what it was actually. It was my new ATI HD2400 PCI
    Express graphics card. Apparently this is a known issue from what is
    posted on their website, but there is no fix at the moment.

    Z.K.

    Z.K., Sep 4, 2007
  7. Z.K.

    drewgomg

    Joined:
    Jul 17, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    HECI Driver for a gigabyte 965P-S3

    Re Barry Watzman’s post of 09-03-2007, 05:20 PM:

    In the GA-965P-DS3, a similar situation occured, and I did finally track
    it down to an obscure Intel driver for an "HECI" device that is
    required. I would not be at all surprised if this is the driver that
    you need on your board as well.

    My message is:

    Barry I’d like to try a HECI driver for my “unknown PCI device” problem. Do you know where I can get s driver? My Motherboard is a gigabyte 965P-S3

    Drewgomg

    drewgomg, Jul 17, 2009