    to the point of bringing the CPU temperature bellow freezing point I
    think, and with these onboard temperatures my motherboard should be
    close to melting. Any suggestion as to why this is going on?

    sermil, Feb 3, 2005

  2. sermil

    Arno Wagner Guest

    The sensors do not directly report temperature in C. In addition
    there are different circuits to connect the sensors to the
    monitoring chips and different sensor types (diode and termistor).
    If any of these are mismatched, you get strange readings.

    The diode readings do not need calibration and are allways pretty
    exact. From that I conclude that your mainboard is not using the
    internal diode to the P$ but a termiostor instead. For the other
    two readings, I suspect they are also termistor, but not in the
    ''standard'' circuit (which is not that much standard).

    The problem is aggravated by the fact, that the software cannot
    detect sensor type and (if termistor) adaption network, but
    has to know/guess.

    Arno

    Arno Wagner, Feb 4, 2005