    possible, by means other than changing the bridges?

    Has anyone hacked the bios yet for higher mults?

    Brian

    Brian, Sep 7, 2003

  2. AFAIK no-one has hacked the BIOS for higher multipliers :(

    Abit refuse to update the BIOS.

    There is a petition to see if they'll change their minds

    http://www.petitiononline.com/KX7BIOS/

    But I wouldn't hold your breath :'(

    David Leadley, Sep 7, 2003

  3. David: That does not compute..?!? I ran a 2400+ at spec' 15x133.3 for
    2.0GHz for a short while on a KX7-333 (testing before screwing up the
    warranty by modifying it. ;-) It was reported as a 2400+ by the KX7's BIOS
    AFAICR - I then joined the fifth L3 bridge with a 'U' of conductive paint so
    I could access the lower range of multipliers, ie. <=13x - I currently have
    it overclocked at 11.5x196 for 2254MHz on an Epox 8K3A. (also VIA KT333
    chipset.) My 2400+ is dated way back Week 40 2002, that's why it tops out
    at only 2.25GHz I guess.

    Brian: You need to cut some L3 bridges on your 2100+ - have a look for a
    post by Wes Newell on this newsgroup, he has a website that apparently
    details what default speed you'll get after modifying the L3 bridges.

    I'd say just cut the fifth L3 bridge to change the multiplier range
    available but I'm not sure what your 2100+ would default to if you did
    (resetting CMOS could be a real problem if it defaulted to high !) best have
    a look at Wes Newell's ' website - I suspect your best bet would be to alter
    it to a 2400+, ie. 15x133.3 - it should easily boot at 2.0GHz with default
    Vcore & then let you access the higher multiplier range, ie. >13x...

    Ciao...

    [UK]_Nick...

    Nick M V Salmon, Sep 7, 2003

  4. Yes you can run it at spec - but you can't manually select those higher
    multipliers :(

    David Leadley, Sep 8, 2003