    That's extremely annoying. Any suggestion?

    Thank you,
    TheLuke

    TheLuke, Oct 13, 2004

  2. TheLuke

    Arno Wagner Guest

    Can you unplug the ADSL modem without effect on the HDD?
    Current drivers?

    Ordinarily you should be able to unplug individial devices,
    and at least under XP that works fine.

    Arno

    Arno Wagner, Oct 13, 2004

  3. TheLuke

    TheLuke Guest

    Arno Wagner wrote in message
    Can't try it at the moment, but the issue seems with the unplug/eject
    icon in the tray bar. The modem disconnects the very moment I click
    over it. If I unplug the HD using System Properties --> Hardware
    Wizard etc... the modem stays connected.

    Thank you,
    TheLuke

    TheLuke, Oct 14, 2004
  4. TheLuke

    Arno Wagner Guest

    Aha. It should not do that. If you move the mouse over it (don't
    click), it should show you a list of all the hot-plugged devices
    (takes a second or so). You then click on the one you want to remove.
    Well, at least you have a work-around. Not pretty but better
    than nothing.

    Arno

    Arno Wagner, Oct 15, 2004