    The printer is supposed to print if, and only if, the user requests a printout.

    () wrote:
    "hmm.... unplug the printer?"

    xby, Jan 20, 2005

  2. On 20 Jan 2005 14:57:51 -0800, in comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.systems,
    (xby) wrote:

    >> () wrote:
    >>"hmm.... unplug the printer?"

    >Thank you, but, NO! Thank you.
    >The printer is supposed to print if, and only if, the user requests a printout.

    Try different parallel port settings in BIOS. Some printers can behave
    strangely if connected to the "wrong" typ of port.

    In Award BIOS's, you can usually choose between EPP, ECP, ECP/EPP,
    Standard and perhaps some other type too. (I don't remember for
    sure...)

    Windows will probably want to install a different driver when you
    change port type.

    --
    May all spammers die in horrible pains!
    Wanna e-mail me? Well, peter_e is correct, but the rest is obviously bogus...

    Peter Emanuelsson, Jan 21, 2005