    the processers they can handle?
    Thanks,
    The General

    The General, Feb 23, 2004

  2. Take a look at the ship date. If it's before the first week of May, 2002,
    it is limited to a 400 MHz bus CPU (2.6 GHz P4/400 max, or 2.8 GHz Celeron).

    If it was shipped after that time, it can take 533 CPUs as well, up to a
    3.06 GHz P4/533. Neither revision of the board will support 800 MHz bus
    CPUs.

    If you have 45 ns RAM now, to upgrade to a 533 (if possible) you'll have to
    replace all of it with 40 ns RAM, which is required for the faster bus.

    Edward J. Neth, Feb 23, 2004

  3. The General

    The General Guest

    Thanks for the info. Can you tell me where you got your information? I
    know it is a 400 MHz front side bus. That's the problem with finding
    Ram. If what you said is true I would not get enough boost for my bucks
    going from my 2MHz to 2.6MHz. Anyway thank you again.
    General

    The General, Feb 23, 2004
  4. Check with Dell - they can confirm the information. Most 8200s are limited
    to 400 MHz bus speed. Only the latter models, which weren't produced for
    that long before the 8250 arrived, are 533-compliant.

    Edward J. Neth, Feb 23, 2004