update.exe - Application Error

Discussion in 'Tablet PC' started by Marco Eichstetter, Jul 26, 2007.

  1. Hello @ all,

    I have following problem with update.exe on a Fujitsu Tablet PC (OS: Windows
    XP):

    The Problem occurs the first time as I tried to install IE7 because there
    was a problem to play embedded streaming media player videos with IE6.

    Unfortunately, the installation aborted with an update.exe error.

    An IE Error Log wasn`t written at this time . A Windows Media Player 11
    Installation aborted with the same Error.

    The Event Log (Application) shows following entry:
    Source: Application Error
    Categorie: None
    Typ: Error
    Event ID: 1000
    Missed application update.exe, version 6.2.29.0, missed module ntdll.dll,
    Verion 5.1.2600.2180, error address 0x00010de3

    The System Event Log shows no Event which can be assigned to the Error
    above.

    An Examination of the Systemfiles with the command "sfc /SCANNOW" did not
    announce any problem ;-(

    Maybe it helps to replace the ntdll.dll, but how? Last but not least is the
    HDD with an Encyption Tool (Utimaco SafeGuardEasy) coded (makes it not
    easier...).

    Please help!

    Thanks!

    Marco Eichstetter

    PS: Sorry for the strange translation. The Problem occurs on a german OS. I
    tried my best to translate the errors how it shoud/may sounds in an english
    WXP OS

    Marco Eichstetter, Jul 26, 2007