    people running ? I have seen adds for ram that run at 250 MHTZ FSB anyone
    using this and have you achieved the 250MHTZ speed? The reason I am asking
    is I currently have PC2700 ram and am holding out on purchasing faster ram.

    Mickey, Oct 12, 2003

  2. Mickey

    dr_hardwrae Guest

    OCZ PC3500 EL @ 2.0-3-3-7 @ 220 MHz FSB on a NF7-S (runs at 230 MHz at
    2.5-3-3-7).

    dr_hardwrae, Oct 12, 2003

  3. Mickey

    dr_hardwrae Guest

    OCZ PC3500 EL @ 2.0-3-3-7 @ 220 MHz FSB on a NF7-S (runs at 230 MHz at
    2.5-3-3-7).

    dr_hardwrae, Oct 12, 2003
  4. Mickey

    Skid Guest

    ram.

    I'm running a P4 2.4g at 275x12=3.3 ghz. The ram is at 5:4, for 220 mhz at
    2,3,2,6. Buffalo Technology PC3700 with Winbond BH5 modules, $57 for a
    256-meg stick or $99 for a 512-meg stick at www.newegg.com

    Skid, Oct 12, 2003
  5. ram.

    Hi,

    not sure if you mean for an AMD platform, or an INTEL platform?. My
    nForce-2 is running 220MHz-FSB and it works well. My memory is rated for
    217MHz so that's getting a tiny overclock. I have read of people running
    225-230MHz-FSB on their nForce2's but I think they had performed so small
    mods to accomplish this (SB HSF?).

    The INTEL platform is able to make better use of the Dual-DDR tech when
    running FSB speeds of 250-300MHz with memory at 1:1. Although the majority
    of people run with a 1:1 memory ratio I have read of certain cases where
    running your memory *async* (i.e:5:4) with tight timings can produce better
    results than running a 1:1 ratio with high FSB and lousy/slow memory
    timings. . .

    The truth is out there!
    --
    Wayne ][

    Barton (AQXEA) XP2500+ @ 2.2GHz (10x220) - 1.75vCore
    CoolerMaster Aero 7 Lite - 3,200rpm
    ABIT NF7-S (v2.0 - BIOS#14)
    512MB Dual TwiSTER PC3500 @ DDR440 1:1 (8,3,3,2.0 - 2.8v)
    Sapphire Atlantis 9800 - 3.3ns Samsung
    240GB (2x120GB) WD-SE SATA RAID-0 (16k Stripe)
    Antec SX630II Mini-Tower Case Inc 300w PSU
    WinXP-PRO-SP1
    Cat 3.7 - DX9.0b

    Wayne Youngman, Oct 12, 2003
  6. Mickey

    Steve Vai Guest

    that memory working out for you? i've seen countless posts at the
    sharkyextreme forum of people blasting OCZ for instability at
    advertised speeds/timing/DOA chips/RMA probs etc, my moms b/f has 2
    sticks of 512 OCZ ddr and he gets it over 200mhz fsb...maybe they are
    starting to go downhill?

    Steve Vai, Oct 12, 2003
  7. Mickey

    rms Guest

    Geil PC3500 8-3-2-2.0, 1700+ @10.5x220 Abit NF7-S

    rms

    rms, Oct 12, 2003
  8. Mickey

    dr_hardwrae Guest

    I got this memory back in April and I did have errors in memtest86 with the
    first two modules. I exchanged them right away and got two others that have
    been rock stable since then running at the above mentioned speeds and
    timings.
    They are spec'ed to run at 433 (216) MHz @ 2.0-3-3-7 and they run at 220
    (440) MHz at those timings, again with no problems.

    dr_hardwrae, Oct 12, 2003
  9. Mickey

    TomG Guest

    I'm running at 244 FSB but using an FSB:DDR ratio of 5:4 (80%) so my DDR
    speed is 388 using Corsair XMS3500 at 2, 5, 2, 2 on an IC7-G

    --

    Thomas Geery
    Network+ certified

    ftp://geerynet.d2g.com
    over 117,000 FTP users served!
    ^^^^^^^

    TomG, Oct 12, 2003
  10. Mickey

    TomG Guest

    nice!

    TomG, Oct 12, 2003
  11. Mickey

    neil s Guest

    How does it do on an amd machine nf2 for instance, have found ram that
    screams on intel dosent always do the same on amd and actually is very
    rare to work like this on both systems.

    Neil

    neil s, Oct 13, 2003
  12. Mickey

    Skid Guest

    Good point. The requirements are a little different, depending on your goal
    and platform.

    For example, if you want the ultimate performance form an Intel box where
    the multipliers are locked, you want high-dollar PC4000 that will run at an
    fsb of 250+. To get there, you usually have to run loose timings, most often
    CAS 3.

    But paying that much for memory in an AMD system is a waste, IMHO, because
    most Nvidia-chipset boards aren't stable at such high fsb speeds and you can
    get better results by changing the multi and keeping the timings tight.

    What you need is memory that will run CAS 2 or 2.5 at 210-220 fsb, in other
    words the best PC3200 or decent PC3500-3700.

    In this case, the Buffalo Tech still fits the bill, and I've seen good
    results posted on both Intel and AMD systems. I don't sell the stuff, so I
    don't care what you buy, but I do think it's a good deal.

    There are lots of options at lots of price levels. Check the reviews at
    www.amdboard.com to see how various sticks compare, and read the forums at
    http://forum.abit-usa.com/ to see what others are using on an NF7-S.

    Skid, Oct 14, 2003
  13. twinmos pc3200 3-3-2-2 @ 210fsb (ddr420) on asus a7n8x dlx rev2.0 - sync'd