Update on my Canon IP4000 query--- + new query

Discussion in 'Dell' started by MB_, Dec 27, 2004.

  1. MB_

    MB_ Guest

    My original post is indicated below. Here's the update:

    I did receive the printer. I set it up. The first thing I did was print a
    page of text on each printer (the new Canon and the old Epson). Both were
    good, but the Epson seemed to be sharper. So, for text, I prefer the Epson.

    I then printed a photo on the Canon. IT WAS OUTSTANDING. It seemed just
    about as good as I can do at a store.

    Now another question: COST? The Canon comes with 5 cartridges. Suppose I
    print 4X6 photos. How many can I get out of these cartridges and how much
    does it cost to replace a cartridge? What about the compatibles? Are they as
    good?

    Mel (original post below):At the moment, I am using an old Epson Stylus Color 600 and it works
    GREAT!!! I use it mostly for correspondence and an occassional Greeting
    Workshop effort. But, mostly business related. (I teach mathematics and use
    WORD
    and Math Type to create tests and it prints just great on the old Epson!)

    I now have a new digital camera (Canon A75). Rumor has it that I will be
    getting an IP4000 as a birthday gift. My question: is this printer just good
    for printing photos or will this also be superior to my Epson for the other
    aforementioned uses.

    Mel

    MB_, Dec 27, 2004

  2. MB_

    David Guest

    Regarding cost of printing (US) I have found printing
    cost is WAY more expensive than having them printed.
    Sams (owned by Walmart) is 18 cents per 4by6 on Fuji
    paper. Walmart is 24 cents. Both allow uploading to their
    site then later pickup at the store. I would love to print
    my own but just the paper is about what I am paying for the
    whole print. PS I don't work for or endorse Walmart or Sams...they
    are just the cheapest where I live.
    Best wishes.
    Dave

    David, Dec 28, 2004

  3. MB_

    MB_ Guest

    David:

    I tend to agree with you. When I first got my digital camera, I looked into
    printing stuff myself but it wasn't even a close call. But, now that I got
    the printer (and a lot of Kodak 4X6 high quality paper) as a GIFT, the costs
    are now very close and the convenience of printing at home makes it
    worthwhile.

    Mel

    MB_, Dec 28, 2004
  4. MB_

    WSZsr Guest

    The IP4000 works best with Canon paper. I buy 50 sheets of 4x6 at Amazon
    for $7.94 with free shipping for orders over $25.00. Order the Canon ink at
    Amazon too.

    WSZsr, Dec 28, 2004