    chip set drivers using the uninstall first method, but nothing makes it
    work.

    HELP!

    frizzle, Aug 22, 2003

  2. frizzle

    Roy Zurowski Guest

    Do a Windows XP repair install, and then update again from Windows Update.

    Roy Zurowski, Aug 22, 2003

  3. frizzle

    frizzle Guest

    No I didn't. I went ahead and decided to reformat. I repartitioned,
    reformatted, and everytime XP tries to install it hangs after it reformats
    the hard drive to NTFS. It does nothing when it is supposed to be checking
    the disk. I am ready to head to a bell tower.......

    I am on hold with Microsoft as type this.

    frizzle, Aug 25, 2003
  4. frizzle

    frizzle Guest

    For those of you following along...

    It was a bad ram chip. For future reference, if you have a computer that
    starts acting whack, check the RAM first. Now anyone wanna donate $80?

    frizzle, Aug 26, 2003