    My current BIOS only recognizes about 135Gb of my new hard drive (250Gb).
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Henk

    news-server.twcny.rr.com, Feb 28, 2006

  2. news-server.twcny.rr.com

    xubomber Guest

    What OS are you running? If you're running Windows XP, you nee
    Service Pack 1 for it to recognize more than 137Gb or so. Check tha
    first, its a lot easier to install SP1 than a new BIOS

    xubomber, Feb 28, 2006

  3. news-server.twcny.rr.com

    Ted Guest

  4. In
    Are you sure it is an xt 938? I don't see a 938 listed. There is a 936, 948
    http://h20180.www2.hp.com/apps/Look...h_lang=en&h_cc=us&h_query=Pavilion+xt&x=8&y=4

    Shortened url.
    http://tinyurl.com/qlvms

    --
    Michael Stevens MS-MVP XP

    http://www.michaelstevenstech.com

    Michael Stevens, Feb 28, 2006
  5. Yes it is definitely a Pavilion xt938. I've also been having trouble
    finding it on HP's site, that's why I've come here.

    Thanks for trying though.

    Hnek

    news-server.twcny.rr.com, Feb 28, 2006
  6. I have SP1 and SP2 installed so that's not it. I'm pretty sure I have it
    narrowed down to the BIOS.
    Thanks for hte help

    Henk

    news-server.twcny.rr.com, Feb 28, 2006
  7. Your Pavilion xt 938 is a Canadian offering. So do a driver/software search at:
    http://welcome.hp.com/country/ca/en/support.html?pageDisplay=drivers
    and you will find it.

    Skip

    -|Does anyone know where I can get an updated BIOS for the HP Pavilion xt938?
    -|My current BIOS only recognizes about 135Gb of my new hard drive (250Gb).
    -|Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    -|Henk
    -|

    Herman D. Knoble, Mar 1, 2006
  8. Herman D. Knoble, Mar 1, 2006