    please help
    many tnx
    Ivan

    Ivan Palèiæ, Dec 7, 2005

  2. Ivan Palèiæ

    0_Qed Guest

    Ivan,
    Please,
    permit me to re_state the "outline" of your situation,
    as I ?understand? it.

    (1) You flashed your BIOS to [???] rev, on a [???] mobo.

    (2) Every time, thereafter, you get a "continious" beep when
    .. trying to boot into Windows [???] .
    .. the boot process doesnt complete, and your PC never gets to load
    "Win??" .

    -questions-

    (a) do you see =any= of the bios boot messages ... =any= ??

    (b) can you boot from a flpy ... doubtful, but must ask ???

    *If* (a)=no, (b)=no ...
    you probably did not correctly flash your BIOS eeprom chip.

    I'd suggest finding your nearest "repair" place that can
    supply you with
    .. (1) a new eeprom chip that fits your mobo( Abit ?? ) ,
    and
    .. (2) that can =also= flash it to a BIOS '.bin' file of your chosing.

    USA ... EU ... ???
    About $20_USD ...

    best of luck,
    Qed

    0_Qed, Dec 7, 2005

  3. Ivan Palèiæ

    Ivan Palcic Guest

    1) i flashed correctly bios
    2) but just before the windows boot srcreen motherboars starts with this
    anoyying beep which doesen't stop
    3) windows boot normally, everything works fine but the sound never stops
    4) i flashed old bios back and the beep stoped
    The question is how do i get the new bios without this beep sound
    tnx

    Ivan Palcic, Dec 7, 2005
  4. Ivan Palèiæ

    0_Qed Guest

    Unaswrd <?> ...
    can you boot to real-mode DOS w/o the "beep" ???

    =Assuming=
    .. you properly redid the CMOS parms,
    .. have properly loaded all the mobo/hdwr_device drivers ... properly
    ..
    "it" may be that you wont get the BIOS_up_rev to work w/o the "beep".

    You mite have a mobo_specific bios bug ...
    have you written to the mfgr ???
    posted to the apporpriate mobo NG ???
    Typically, the "mfgr" is the one who mods the BIOS for the mobo.

    ???
    Wait for the 'next' rev ???

    Qed.

    0_Qed, Dec 7, 2005
  5. Ivan Palèiæ

    John Lewis Guest

    Did you manually clear the CMOS after the upgrade by swapping the
    jumper for at least 30 seconds after disconnecting all power ?

    John Lewis

    John Lewis, Dec 7, 2005
  6. Of course i even took the battery out.

    =?ISO-8859-2?Q?Ivan_Pal=E8i=E6?=, Dec 7, 2005