    triangles in FS2004. I cannot get rid of these devices, the appear in reboot
    if I delete them. They are ATI item but no further info. Anyone know what
    they are and how I can get rid of them?

    Barry, Aug 18, 2003

  2. Barry

    patrickp Guest

    You probably haven't installed the capture driver first, Barry. You have an
    AIW, which is a capture card, hence you need to install the capture driver
    that goes with your display driver. Otherwise you get the various capture
    and TV tuner devices unsupported by drivers, which is almost certainly what
    you have.

    There is also an "all-in-one" driver, including the capture driver,
    available for Cat 3.6 (which is what you're using if you've updated to the
    "latest driver" - always best to be reasonably informative when asking for
    help here), but, although it apparently works Ok, there are problems around
    uninstalling it when you need to.

    Are you updating from the ATi driver site
    (http://mirror.ati.com/support/driver.html)? that's definitely the best
    place to download your drivers and software from, but you really should RTFM
    first. There's plenty of information given there, and notes on the various
    packages. However, there is one piece of information there I would take
    issue with; I find the older method of installing drivers for a capture card
    (install capture driver, don't reboot, install display driver, reboot,
    install control panel, reboot) to be preferable to ATi's current
    recommendation of install display driver, reboot, install control panel,
    reboot, install capture driver, reboot. But decide for yourself.

    You may find you can just download the capture driver now, install it, and
    everything will be fine. If not, you will need to uninstall everything and
    start again.

    HTH patrickp

    patrickp, Aug 18, 2003

  3. Barry

    Barry Guest

    Thanks for your help and it has cracked the problem. Although I did read TFM
    there is conflicting advice on the site for the Cat 3.6 package.
    On the first page it tells me to Install Display Drivers rebooting as
    required then the Control Panel, reboot, then the WDM capture. I got to
    stage one and had the problem and was wary of going further lest I messed it
    all up. Your suggestion to carry on with the other packages sorted me out.
    In the release notes for WDM it tells me to install TV capture first, not to
    reboot and then install display driver which is your recommendation.
    All a bit confusing but it's now OK so thanks again.
    Barry

    Barry, Aug 18, 2003
  4. Barry

    JAD Guest

    <You probably haven't installed the capture driver first, Barry >. ,

    yes
    and since we are on this subject, MY GOD ATI could you stop producing NEW
    cards before the old ones are even working properly with the
    drivers/software you have thrown at us. Between ATI and Microsoft its a toss
    up, which one gives my customers more ulcers. WTF have to have a cd from
    some other card so that the DVD works because ATI has to have the ten
    bucks?! screw the customer out of the latest drivers because they have older
    cards/ or lost the CD? Perform the routine as described on the web page
    STILL no 'pass' on the configuration routine for the WDM INF files on 4
    different machines.(umpteen machine working ok with the NON AIW cards) Can't
    use the 7.6 version of the DVD player cause the new drivers wont recognize
    it. If you do install it, it will muck up EVERYTHING (tv file player
    etc.....) I use nothing BUT ATI cards and would never go back to nvidia,
    BUT DAMN........frustration level high can u tell? anyone know where to get
    an ISO of the install CD for the latest cards, just so I can complete some
    of these problem machines? Its this catalyst thing, the old MMC's worked
    very easily , NOW we get fancy (easylook) and the whole thing goes to shit.
    <<<<<sigh>>>>> I feel better, now on with the show.

    JAD, Aug 18, 2003