    what would be the processor upgrade capabilities down the road? With the news
    of Intel's problems with the Pentium 4, won't it's upgrade capabilities be
    limited?

    Caecina, Oct 31, 2004

  2. Caecina

    DaveW Guest

    Yes.

    DaveW, Oct 31, 2004

  3. Caecina

    ocbwilg Guest

    Yes, but from what I'm hearing there won't be a Pentium 4 at 4 GHz for any
    format, so essentially any P4-based system will have "limited" upgrade
    capabilities.

    ocbwilg, Nov 1, 2004
  4. Caecina

    Caecina Guest

    Yes, but from what I'm hearing there won't be a Pentium 4 at 4 GHz for any
    In other words: go AMD 64?

    AMD 3400+ w/ an Nforce3 chipset, or a Pentium 4 LGA 775 on an P5AD2 board?

    The one drawback of the AMD, is the 512k cache. It strikes me as outdated,
    integrated memory or not.

    Caecina, Nov 1, 2004