    the Asus P4R800-VM mb and all the USB ports have "died" and had to install a
    PCI USB card. Anybody see any problems with such an upgrade? Should I leave
    well enuff alone?

    OldKenGoat, Jun 1, 2007

  2. OldKenGoat

    Paul Guest

    The supported CPUs are listed here - LGA775 processors, no Core 2 Duo support.

    http://support.asus.com/cpusupport/...type=1&name=P5ND2-SLI&SLanguage=en-us&cache=1

    Your old board is S478, so the processor sockets are different. Are you
    buying a new processor as well ? I think P5ND2-SLI is DDR2 for memory, while
    your existing board uses DDR. So my suspicion is, at least a few components from
    the old system, won't be making it into the new system.

    For more feedback on the proposed new motherboard, you can check here:

    http://vip.asus.com/forum/topic.aspx?board_id=1&model=P5ND2-SLI&SLanguage=en-us

    Paul

    Paul, Jun 1, 2007

  3. OldKenGoat

    OldKenGoat Guest

    Thanks, Paul. I'm glad I asked before upgrading. Looks like I'll stick with
    my present setup.

    OldKenGoat, Jun 1, 2007