    get the 7600 GT for $169 Cad and think I can get at least $80 Cad for my
    6800...does this make sense?

    Rob.

    Wolfbane, Jun 16, 2007

  2. Wolfbane

    Mr.E Solved! Guest

    7800GS AGP 256M, kicking around $150(US) Newegg. Expect a 75% increase
    over your 6800 Ultra in 3DMark 2006.

    Mr.E Solved!, Jun 17, 2007

  3. Wolfbane

    Wolfbane Guest

    I was looking at the BFG 7800GS today and almost bought one but I wanted to
    check reviews first and see what replies I got. Based on the reviews and
    what you said It looks to be the perfect upgrade for me so I'll be picking
    one up tomorrow,thanks.

    Wolfbane, Jun 17, 2007
  4. Wolfbane

    bandit Guest

    you might look into getting one of these instead of the BFG one
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130274

    its got a higher core clock and memory clock speeds than the BFG I got
    one and it runs great :)

    Just so you can compare here's the link to the BFG
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814143046

    or if you wanted to get a little better card look at one of these
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150223

    bandit, Jun 17, 2007
  5. Wolfbane

    Wolfbane Guest

    you might look into getting one of these instead of the BFG one
    Thanks for the links, I thought the 7950 only came in PCIe? I had looked at
    the Evga card as my 6800 was from them and I was very happy with that but
    the BFG 7800GS is $40 cheaper, anyway I went ahead and bought the BFG
    7800GSOC and I'm very happy with it. Wow! this card OC's really well, I've
    got it running at 505/702 and it's stable as hell and the temp is averaging
    40c even after several hours of Doom3, my old 6800 would get to 70c. My
    3DMark06 score has gone from 2270 upto 3257, I think this card will do me
    fine until I upgrade my whole computer next year. Anyway, thanks for the
    help guys.

    Rob.

    Wolfbane, Jun 18, 2007