    Upgrading my computer soon. Should I use my current SB Live Gamer card or
    use the 6.1 onboard sound on whichever motherboard I get. Do newer M/B's
    have positional sound like the soundblaster?

    Jeff McNulty, Feb 16, 2005

  2. Jeff McNulty

    Lenny Guest

    > Do newer M/B's have positional sound like the soundblaster?
    Yes, a few may even have better positional sound - on a technical level.
    Most on-board sound isn't hardware accelerated though (meaning higher CPU
    load) and have DACs and filters of dubious quality, so you'll have to decide
    yourself if you want to try the on-board route or not. Read some reviews of
    the board you want to buy, see what they say about it.

    Lenny, Feb 17, 2005