Upgrade RAM memory, PB EasyNote M5263

Discussion in 'Packard Bell' started by andresnl, Nov 22, 2006.

  1. andresnl

    andresnl

    Joined:
    Nov 22, 2006
    Location:
    Amsterdam (NL)
    Hi all,
    I have an Easynote M5263 (laptop).
    I recently bought two 512 MB modules (from PB itself) to upgrade to 1GB (max. accepted by this model).
    I tried to do it myyself, but I simply could not find the access to the memory slots. There seems to be no easy/logical/simple way to do it.

    Could somebody please tell where the slots are located and how to open the laptop for such purpose without harming it?

    I will greatly appreciate it!

    thanks in advance

    Andres

    andresnl, Nov 22, 2006
  2. andresnl

    andresnl

    Joined:
    Nov 22, 2006
    Location:
    Amsterdam (NL)
    Re:

    Ok, I found it myself.

    If anybody else interested, here it is:

    If you search thoroughly in the tiny gap between top line of keys (F1, F2, F3, etc.) and the keyboard frame, you will see five locking clips which, if you push gently inwards, you will unlock the keyboard from its position, so that you'll be able to lift it out. Lift the keyboard very carefully, as it is attached by its lower, right side to the motherboard only through a very thin tape containing the connecting cables, which seems to be very easy to tear apart, so be extra careful here.

    Once the keyboard is lifted, on the right side, you will see a metallic cover held in by 5 small screws which you have to unscrew. Do this and remove this cover.
    Right underneath you will see a protective, plastic-like, isolating 'fold' covering the RAM modules. DO NOT unstick this protection, it is not necessary to completely remove it. Simply bend its loose ends gently upwards while you remove the old modules and place the new ones. That's it! Now just put everything back in place, and you're done.

    Good luck
    Andres

    andresnl, Nov 23, 2006