Upgrade to a lager monitor on my Vostro 400

Discussion in 'Dell' started by Leigh, Jun 20, 2010.

  1. Leigh

    Leigh Guest

    Greetings,

    I would like to purchase a larger monitor for my Vostro 400.

    The Vostro came with:

    256MB NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GTS 2DVI
    Intel Core2 Duo E6850 3.0GHz, 1333FSB 4MB
    4GB DDR2 SDRAM 800MHz, Dual Channel DT
    Dell 19 inch Wide E198WFP Analog Flat Panel Monitor

    Will this configuration support a Digital 21 inch up to a 25 inch monitor?

    I sure would like to have a larger monitor. The software I mainly use is IE
    8, Microsoft Office Standard and Adobe Photoshop Elements 6. I do watch a
    few DVD movies. I do not play video games.

    I hope this enough information to help.

    Thanks in advance for your help and support,

    Leigh

    Leigh, Jun 20, 2010

  2. Leigh

    Bob Villa Guest

    It looks like you can support two of whatever size you prefer! (2DVI)

    Bob Villa, Jun 21, 2010

  3. Hi!
    If you find a "lager" monitor, I want to know about it. It might make
    your computing that much more interesting. <g>

    Seriously, you should be able to run almost any new monitor you'd like
    to use. From the sound of things, you have more than enough video card
    to pull it off.

    William

    William R. Walsh, Jun 21, 2010
  4. Leigh

    Bob Villa Guest

    The more Kräusening...the better!

    Bob Villa, Jun 21, 2010
  5. Leigh

    Daddy Guest

    I once contacted Dell technical support after drinking a bottle of Bass
    Ale, and everything they said made sense to me.

    Daddy

    Daddy, Jun 21, 2010
  6. Leigh

    Leigh Guest

    Thanks to everyone who responded to my question. I will respond back and let
    you know what monitor I purchased.

    Leigh

    Leigh, Jun 21, 2010