    If it is a BIOS problem then is there a way in Linux to check if the
    SSE stuff is enabled, it's listed in the CPU Flags, but I don't know
    if that means its using it.

    dbd, Dec 14, 2003

  2. dbd

    Wes Newell Guest

    And it will always say unknown. There's no name match for the speed it's
    running in the bios. This is only cosmetic and is no concern.
    To be honest, I don't know if the Linux kernel uses SSE or not. And it
    really doesn't matter. Any SSE capable app should use it as long as the
    programmer correctly identifies that SSE is available. And as you see, the
    flag is there using cat /proc/cpuinfo.

    Wes Newell, Dec 14, 2003

  3. dbd

    Midnight Guest

    Have you updated windowsxp? I know it has a couple CPU updates, and the
    Athlon XP is one of them.

    Daniel

    Midnight, Dec 18, 2003