    without contravening licence terms?

    Thanks,
    Tom

    Tom Davies, Nov 17, 2003

  2. Almost certainly not if the disks were packaged with your G5;
    Definitely not.

    Cathy

    Cathy Stevenson, Nov 17, 2003

  3. Tom Davies

    Steve Hix Guest

    The clamshell SE models, such as the iBook 466 DV SE, came with a
    DVD-ROM drive. Used to watch movies on mine, my daughter has it now, and
    is running Jaguar on it. 384MB RAM, as much as it would take at the time.

    Steve Hix, Nov 18, 2003
  4. Tom Davies

    Tom Davies Guest

    Thanks for all the advice.

    Yes, it is a Clamshell SE with 10GB disk and DVD drive.

    Yes, my Panther CDs are upgrades for the 10.2.7 my G5 shipped with.

    So the iBook will boot from the G5 DVD, but it says 'this mac is not
    compatible with this version of OS X', or words to that effect.

    Ironically, the iBook came with 10.2.7 installed (but no CDs), so I used
    it happily for a few days, then thought "let's upgrade to Panther",
    booted from the Panther upgrade CD, and thought "let's reformat the
    drive", pulled up disk utility, erased the drive, and the installer said
    "there is no existing OS X" installation.

    So I guess that premature moment of disk hygiene cost me the price of an
    iBook OS X :-(

    Tom

    Tom Davies, Nov 21, 2003