    them as external HDs. Can you install a IDE add on controller card?
    I would also like to use my older DVD burners.

    thank you!

    ober, Jul 11, 2007

  2. ober

    Pen Guest

    The E521 has no IDE drive controllers, only SATA. So a PCI or PCIExpress
    card is your only choice for installed drives. USB external is also a
    possible choice.

    Pen, Jul 11, 2007

  3. ober

    Rich/rerat Guest

    ober,
    You will need to purchase a IDE to SATA converter like this:
    http://www.computervideogear.com/sata/serial-ata-ide-converter.htm
    (I have not done business with this site so I cannot recommend them.)

    You can check your local computer store or online computer that you have
    done business with and see if they a similar item. In additional, you will
    need to purchase a SATA data cable to run from the converter to the
    motherboard. Which should be able to be purchase from the same vendor.

    --
    Have A Good Day
    Rich/rerat

    Rich/rerat, Jul 13, 2007