Upgrading from e7500 to I5

Discussion in 'Nvidia' started by PcGAmeR22, Jun 14, 2012.

  1. PcGAmeR22

    PcGAmeR22 Guest

    Hello folks
    I intend to upgrade my overall pc performance to match my gtx 460
    the bottleneck is cutting my 460 is half :(
    this is my current rig
    Gtx 460 evga 1 gb superclocked
    Intel core 2 duo e7500 2.93 gh
    1X1 gb ddr2 ram
    Ocz 700 watt psu
    biostar lga 775 motherboard
    I tried running battle field 3 on max settings and it was choppy as hel

    so i turned them to high instead of ultra , im getting 30-50 fps o
    1920x108
    but when i turn the gun around or enter a new room or an opened street
    the game freezes for a minute and fps slowly climb up back to 30-50 ,
    believe my ram is causing this
    will upgrading to 3 gigs of ram instead of 2 allow me to run the gam
    without any problems on high settings with my current cp
    and will and i5 + 4 gigs of ddr3 ram allow me to play it on ultr

    PcGAmeR22, Jun 14, 2012

  2. PcGAmeR22

    rb Guest

    Additional 1GB of memory won't make a difference.

    Upgrading to an i5 3570k with 4G DDR3 1600 memory will

    rb, Jun 20, 2012

  3. PcGAmeR22

    rb Guest

    Btw...if your looking to save a few bucks, the i5 2500k ,or, i
    2550k(integrated graphics disabled) are good alternatives. Supports DDR
    1333 memory, and USB 2

    rb, Jun 20, 2012
  4. PcGAmeR22

    PcGAmeR22 Guest

    1 gb memory wont make a difference , disappointed face
    and hopefully i5 soo

    PcGAmeR22, Jun 20, 2012
  5. PcGAmeR22

    rb Guest

    I hear ya, but you'll be :D with an i5. ;

    rb, Jun 21, 2012
  6. PcGAmeR22

    PcGAmeR22 Guest

    hey rb i ordered the limited edition of battle field 3 and im getting i
    3 days from now
    can you suggest settings i can select in order to stop the darn freezin
    from happening
    im pretty sure the low ram is causing the freezing cuz all i have is
    gigs of ddr2 ram
    running it on ultra is the same as running it on low believe it or not
    the fps are slightly lower in ultra but the freezing is still going o

    PcGAmeR22, Jun 30, 2012
  7. PcGAmeR22

    rb Guest

    Since you having the issue using low settings, I'm at a loss, since you
    system should be able to handle BF3.
    Have you tried updating Direct X

    rb, Jul 1, 2012
  8. PcGAmeR22

    PcGAmeR22 Guest

    my direct x is up to date , but the game runs on d3d11 and you can
    force dx10
    I tried so your basically stuck on dx11
    Again the game doesnt lag or anything it just freezes when the syste
    memory hits its extreme , running on higher resolutions wont matter th
    only thing that makes change is changing the quality settings
    Im currently running these setting
    http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...541747085.47224.100001492212690&type=1&theate

    PcGAmeR22, Jul 1, 2012
  9. PcGAmeR22

    rb Guest

    This tutorial, "How to fix Battlefield 3 Crashes and freezes" might b
    helpful-->

    rb, Jul 2, 2012
  10. PcGAmeR22

    PcGAmeR22 Guest

    thanks mate i hope this solves my problem

    PcGAmeR22, Jul 2, 2012