Upgrading from KT7A-Raid

Discussion in 'Abit' started by Charlie, Aug 22, 2004.

  1. Charlie

    Charlie Guest

    I have a KT7A-Raid board that I've been happy with, but I'd like to
    upgrade to a faster system, yet still have high stability. What Socket
    A board and AMD processor whould you recommend? I see there are
    several ABIT choices, but I haven't been following things at all, and
    have no idea which ones represent the best stability.

    As for features, I don't need RAID, but I do need the extra IDE
    channels my KT7A-Raid provides, or maybe a board with SATA and std IDE
    drive channels would do. I don't need high quality sound, do need LAN
    connection and USB2 connections as well as std serial & parallel. I'll
    probably want at least 1 GB RAM and 400 GB on hard drives, probably a
    pair of 80's and a pair of 120's (that's what I'm running on my KT7A
    now).

    The NF7 series look nice, but seem to stress multimedia and the sound
    system, which are not at all important to me.

    Any suggestions are appreciated.

    Charlie Hoffpauir

    Charlie, Aug 22, 2004