Upgrading Motherboard BIOS, RAID Controller Driver, etc.

Discussion in 'Gateway' started by Steve Mavronis, Aug 27, 2007.

  1. If I were to upgrade my motherboard BIOS or motherboard RAID controller
    driver, would I loose my current RAID drive array data?

    I have a Gateway FX530 with the following specs:

    - Specifications:

    Intel Core 2 Quad Processor Q6600 2.40GHZ 8M Cache
    Intel 975X w/10/100/1000 Intel Integrated LAN
    700W Power Supply
    2GB Memory
    Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate 32-bit
    Microsoft Office 2007 Home and Student *
    500GB SATA II/300 7200RPM 8MB Cache RAID 0 (2x250GB Hard Drives)
    48x/32x/48x CD-RW/DVD Combo Drive
    16x Double-Layer Multi-Format DVD Writer DVD+-/R+-RW/CD-R/RW
    768MB Nvidia 8800GTX Graphics (Factory Overclocked)
    Gateway 22" Widescreen High Definition LCD Display
    TV Tuner Asus/ViXS Combo-210E NTSC/ATSC
    Sound Blaster X-FI PCI Card
    Logitech X-230 2.1 32 watt Speakers w/Subwoofer
    3 Year Warranty

    - Peripherals:

    Lacie 500GB External Hard Drive Backup Storage *
    Microsoft Wireless Laser Keyboard 6000 v2.0 *
    Logitech MX518 Gaming Grade Optical Mouse *
    Logitech Premium Stereo Headset *
    Epson Stylus Ultra Hi-Definition RX580 Photo All-In-One *

    (* not included in Gateway purchase)

    Steve Mavronis, Aug 27, 2007