    and what vendors/devices might I want to avoid.

    Thanks,

    Steve

    lusol, May 25, 2005

  2. My dual 2.0 G5 with (single) Cinema 20 loads my Belkin 1100VA model to
    about 25% of its capacity under normal CPU operation. I've never tested
    its battery runtime, but it has performed flawlessly during brief
    outages. I've only used APC and Belkin UPS models, and I prefer Belkin.
    I think they've got better configuration options and generally provide
    more for the money.

    Neill Massello, May 25, 2005

  3. lusol

    Ilgaz Ocal Guest

    From my exprience: APC UPS with USB interface.

    Why? Simple, its natively supported by OS X. It should be number 1
    decision maker if you use Mac.

    If you buy it don't install anything from its CD though, as its
    natively supported (since 10.3.x something), it may create problems.

    My UPS Model is "Back UPS 800" but you will definately need more power
    since this is G5 single 1600 with single 19" CRT. It passed some "evil
    tests" of course. I am glad I have UPS.

    Ilgaz Ocal

    Ilgaz Ocal, May 26, 2005
  4. lusol

    Jeff Wiseman Guest

    Does the monitoring software for that thing run on a Mac? How do
    you connect to it (it only seems to have a DB9 connector for UPS
    monitoring)?

    Jeff Wiseman, Jun 9, 2005