    towards the end. Now my address book is empty and all of my contacts
    have vanished from my mobile phone.

    What has happened?! Can I get the information back?

    Alan, Jan 15, 2007

  2. Alan

    Alan Guest

    I do have an (almost) up-to-date copy of my address book on my iPod.
    Is it possible to suck the info out of the iPod and into Address Book?
    If so, how?

    Thanks.

    Alan, Jan 15, 2007

  3. Alan

    Chris Ridd Guest

    The Contacts folder on the iPod contains a vCard file with all yor
    synced contacts in, so if you can arrange for your iPod to come up in
    "disk mode" but without syncing, you can just copy the file off.

    Cheers,

    Chris

    Chris Ridd, Jan 15, 2007
  4. Alan

    Alan Guest

    The Contacts folder on the iPod contains a vCard file with all yor
    It worked! Thank you!

    Alan, Jan 15, 2007
  5. Your next task is to set up some form of backups for next time...

    Cheers - Jaimie

    Jaimie Vandenbergh, Jan 15, 2007
  6. Alan

    Alan Guest

    I agree. Having got my contact list back, I've backed it up manually
    on my hard drive & set a reminder in iCal so that I update the backups
    every month.

    Alan, Jan 15, 2007
  7. Alan

    Király Guest

    Every *month*? I back up mine every day, along with the rest of my entire
    hard drive. Hard disks can fail without notice at any time rendering all
    of your data irrecoverable. If your data is at all valuable to you, get
    an external hard drive and at least a simple cloning utility.

    Király, Jan 15, 2007