Urgent help needed with laptop/mobile phone - please!

Discussion in 'Laptops' started by Annonymous, Sep 15, 2003.

  1. Annonymous

    Annonymous Guest

    I am at my wits end with my mobile phone and laptop. This is my problem....

    OS: Windows 98SE (upgrade version)
    Mobile Phone with USB Cable: Nokia 6100

    After installing all the drivers for the cable and nokia data suite
    software. The laptop will not detect the modem or even the phone via the
    infrared port or USB cable. Although it will detect an external modem via
    the USB port that goes through the landline.

    Anyone any suggestions. I have tried dozens of things to eliminate
    possibilities but looking for something that I haven't already tried. It
    should work and I cannot understand why it isn't. The USB port works fine
    with all other hardware. The drivers are all the correct ones that came with
    the Nokia phone and cable.

    Would really, really appreciate a solution!

    Annonymous, Sep 15, 2003

  2. Annonymous

    Joe Davis Guest

    Try installing it on your desktop, or a friend's machine, preferably one
    with Windows XP. That should tell you whether it is an OS problem or if
    you've got a bad cable or bad software driver. Not all the new software
    that is supposed to work on Win98 is actually backwards compatible.

    Joe Davis, Sep 16, 2003