  1. Urgent! How can I do an Acer TravelMate 2200 factory reset, pretty
    please?

    I don't have the origional disc. :-(

    Elaine Dunlop, Aug 13, 2008

  2. Elaine Dunlop

     Bluto Guest

    Hold the acer 4 feet above the ground and drop it. That should reset
    it(or more likely to bring it back to life after it dies).

     Bluto, Aug 13, 2008

  3. Elaine Dunlop

    Jim Guest

    The original recovery disc will wipe out all your existing files.
    Assuming you can get one at all.

    Get yourself a Linux Live-CD and you'll be able to save your data.

    Jim, Aug 14, 2008
  4. Elaine Dunlop

    pbajr

    Joined:
    May 30, 2009
    Messages:
    6
    Likes Received:
    0
    usually they have the orginal state mirrored on the hard drive. did you go to acer web site and see if you can download? we sell acer notebooks on my job and unless bios is corrupt, you can restore to factory default. you go to acer.com then support, then user guides. usually it is hold down alt key and tap f10 till it boots in the recovery screen, usually 6 zeroes are your password, once you reset then make backup copy on cd's

    Last edited: Jun 9, 2009
    pbajr, Jun 9, 2009