Urgent Mail.app Help Needed: Can't Receive

Discussion in 'Apple' started by Davoud, Aug 9, 2003.

  1. Davoud

    Davoud Guest

    I need help on behalf of an elderly couple that I know in California.
    Even though I'm in Maryland, I'm able to solve most of their Mac issues
    via e-mail and/or phone. This one has me stumped, however, perhaps
    because I use Entourage and I don't have a lot of experience with
    mail.app.

    There is nothing wrong with their Internet service. An older iMac
    running Eudora under OS 9 can send and receive mail.

    This is a recent iMac running 10.2.6 with 512MB of RAM. They tell me
    that they are getting the message "working offline" in the status bar,
    but the first item under the "Mailbox" menu reads "Go Offline,"
    indicating that they are on-line.

    I thank you, and my friends will thank you!

    Davoud

    Davoud, Aug 9, 2003

  2. Do they have more than one email account set up in Mail?

    J.

    Jennifer Mullen, Aug 9, 2003

  3. Davoud

    Davoud Guest

    No.

    Davoud

    Davoud, Aug 9, 2003
  4. OK. Tr control-clicking on the In mailbox, and see if there are any
    options to go online there. Is this POP or IMAP?

    J.

    Jennifer Mullen, Aug 9, 2003