urgent - need info - "Anywhere" wireless internet access (EDGE/ GPRS coverage)

Discussion in 'Laptops' started by kimshapiro100, Feb 13, 2006.

  1. urgent - need info - "Anywhere" wireless internet access (EDGE/ GPRS
    coverage)
    via a wireless aircard attached to the laptop

    I am travelling from Northern California to Southern California for a
    few days.
    It would be great to have wireless internet access from the car, beach
    etc ...be able to check and return emails.
    ( I will be using it mostly to check emails and return emails)

    I do not want to be stuck to my hotel in Southern california all day
    just to check and reply to my emails.

    Is there any company / service that offers a temporary service for the
    above...or has a pay as you go service ....

    This would be great ...as i need it only for 3 days.

    It seems that most companies like Cingular have one year + contracts.

    is the speed very slow ? How could is this coverage/ service ?

    Do anyone have any info that could help me.

    Thanks in advance for your help,

    Kim

    PS I have heard about hotspots ...what are these ? and where in
    Southern california ?

    kimshapiro100, Feb 13, 2006

  2. kimshapiro100

    Notan Guest