Urgent Openings with the World's Leading Software Company !!!

Discussion in 'Embedded' started by Software Hiring, Jan 11, 2007.

  1. Hi Friends,

    Hope you're doing great. We are looking for Software Professionals
    with about 7 years of experience and willing to work for the World's
    Biggest Software Company - Microsoft.

    We have a variety of jobs across different verticals at Microsoft India
    Development Center (MSIDC) based at HITEC City in Hyderabad, India.
    This is a world-class facility that provides State-of-the-Art
    Technology, Infrastructure and Recreational Facilities that are on par
    with Microsoft Head Quarters in Redmond, WA.

    If you're interested in relocating to India for such a good
    opportunity and be a part of the World's Best Software Company and if
    you have good skill sets in:

    C, C++, C#, Java (for .Net Platform or Visual Studio)

    OR

    C, C++, Java, Product Development (for MS RFID Infrastructure
    PathFinder - Adapters)

    OR

    C, C++, driver or kernel, Linux or Unix (for Windows Serviceability)

    Please send your updated resume or contact us at:

    Also, if you are aware of any experienced Software Professionals who
    could be your friends, family members or colleagues who are willing to
    relocate to India for this opportunity, please forward this e-mail to
    them.

    Please visit http://www.microsoft.com/india/careers/idc.aspx to know
    more about Microsoft India Development Center and other positions
    available at MSIDC.

    Sincerely,
    Vamsi Narayana

    Software Hiring, Jan 11, 2007

  2. Software Hiring

    Chris Hills Guest

    1 biggest is not "best"

    2 this is an EMBEDDED NG so hardly appropriate for MS adverts
    Then you are definitely advertising ion the wrong place.
    Are we supposed to be impressed? I don't think they are any better than
    the other large SW companies.
    I doubt you would entice anyone TO India for this from Europe or the
    Americas.
    Now that is an incorrect statement . "Worlds Best Sw company" is NOT
    Microsoft.
    So now you know where these products are developed.
    Gmail? Then you are not a serious company/recruiter.

    Chris Hills, Jan 11, 2007

  3. Software Hiring

    Tom Lucas Guest

    Pay me at UK rates whilst I'm there and I could be tempted....

    Tom Lucas, Jan 11, 2007
  4. Software Hiring

    Pete Fenelon Guest

    M$ did try to get me to join an embedded project about 6 years ago,
    however the architecture of the kernel they were proposing to build was
    so comprehensively wrong that the project was doomed to failure. It
    does not appear to have ever made it into the real world.
    Possibly people whose jobs have already been outsourced there? ;)
    Well they certainly don't produce the world's best software. ;)

    Probably more "professionally" than at Redmond ;P

    pete

    Pete Fenelon, Jan 11, 2007
  5. Software Hiring

    larwe Guest

    Microsoft believes they can target the embedded systems market. I dodge
    their recruiters monthly (and I'm getting ruder and ruder over time -
    for some _old_ material see
    <http://www.larwe.com/technical/wipeoff.html> - I've become a lot
    meaner since).

    larwe, Jan 11, 2007
  6. Software Hiring

    Chris Hills Guest

    I know... Frightening isn't it?
    You would have thought that they would have learnt not to disturb you by
    now.
    Is that possible ? :)
    Ouch :)

    Chris Hills, Jan 11, 2007
  7. Software Hiring

    Pete Fenelon Guest

    Interesting, from personal experience I found that they'd bugger off
    after about 3 years. Although I got a bit snappy with them when they
    started sending me bumph about jobs that were "program manager" or
    "technical evangelist". ;)

    pete

    Pete Fenelon, Jan 11, 2007
  8. Software Hiring

    larwe Guest

    At some point maybe a year ago, they switched [apparently] to using
    100% external contract recruiters. These people are like pitbulls, only
    not as intelligent.
    Oh yes, the persona you see in c.a.e is the kindler gentler me ;)
    (rummages email) Here's a recent text I sent to one of these
    recruiters:

    Ah... so, it's that time of the month again. Your company - a different
    person each time, of course, given the nature of my replies - contacts
    me almost exactly once a month with "opportunities" at Microsoft. It
    used to be MS recruiters calling me directly, but I guess they
    outsourced this function (or maybe I managed to get myself blacklisted
    in their HR systems - God knows I begged the last MS gal to do this).

    Let's be very clear about the situation and not beat about the bush
    with
    euphemism or circumlocution - a job at Microsoft is not an opportunity,
    it is a sentence. The smart people are leaving [or have already left]
    Microsoft and are going to companies with a future - Google being one
    of
    those frequently mentioned.

    Every time Volt Technical Resources contacts me, I make it abundantly
    clear: I will NEVER work for Microsoft. I've got a career. I've got a
    well-established position as an author of technical books. I've got a
    wife. Two large dogs. A '65 truck to keep me out of mischief on the
    weekends. Most important, I've got self-esteem. Nobody could keep their
    self-esteem as an individual contributor at Microsoft.

    Besides, I own an iPod - and would never get involved in MS's DRM. I
    wouldn't buy a Microsoft product, and hence I'm darned if I'll be
    involved in selling one.

    If I'm ever reduced to such a state that I'm soliciting sexual favors
    on
    a street corner in return for expired McDonald's coupons and
    low-quality
    crack cocaine, maybe - **MAYBE** at that point my judgement would be
    sufficiently disturbed that I might CONSIDER a job at Microsoft.

    Until that time, don't call us - we'll call you.

    With heartiest felicitations on your impending decision to work for a
    company with a brighter future,

    Lewin A.R.W. Edwards

    PS: <http://www.google.com/intl/en/jobs/index.html>

    (As a side issue, I've also started handing out small printouts of the
    Gutenberg etext of "When the Sleeper Wakes" to Salvation Army
    personnel).

    larwe, Jan 11, 2007
  9. Software Hiring

    werty Guest

    M$ is laying off programmers , because when M$ programmers

    succeed , they put each other out of work .

    M$ found it could better create bloat and mem leak

    with Forth . So M$ fired 156 programmers .

    Its a security thing , too many programmers will

    cause trouble , best to have only one ..

    all good s/w MUST be created by one person .

    Microsoft employs only one programmer , and many

    lacky s/w maintainers , whose job it is to answer

    questions fielded by rich users of WXP ...

    If you work for M$ , they will train you NOT to program

    but to interface with the public , answer questions , tell

    lies .... Is this programming !!!

    M$ is no longer useful ,

    ARM Forthrite OpSys will bankrupt M$ suddenly

    werty, Jan 11, 2007
  10. Software Hiring

    Pete Fenelon Guest

    Class ;)

    My favourite response to a recruitment droid was (after he'd asked me if
    I'd consider working in Cambridge on some shit-dull automotive contract)

    "The only things I'd work on in Cambridge are Angelina Jolie and Kate
    Winslet, simultaneously."

    pete

    Pete Fenelon, Jan 11, 2007
  11. Obviously on the finer points of mammory allocation, and not anything
    to do with I/O bottlenecks.

    Paul Carpenter, Jan 11, 2007
  12. Software Hiring

    Guest Guest

    You have failed the Turing Test, bye.

    Guest, Jan 11, 2007
  13. Over the past 3 years, the roof over my head has been shaky. I live in
    Seattle; I still have no motivation to work for Microsoft, not even for
    the basics of food and shelter. I consider psychological health more
    important and would rather dig ditches. They just have nothing to
    offer. Their corporate culture sucks, it's all about mediocrity.
    Their technologies are uninteresting, they only lead in directions I
    don't care about. They're into treadmilling people for its own sake.
    If they had either a better culture or better tech, I could stomach one
    for the other. But they don't have anything. And I know enough
    Microsofties and ex-Microsofties, to feel that my views are not
    particularly prejudiced. I sure run into a lot of jaded Microsoft
    employees who are just taking their paycheck.

    I think probably the only bright spot at Microsoft is Microsoft
    Research. Their activities seem to have no effect on the rest of the
    company. I think research divisions like that are insurance policies.
    Keep 'em tied up in your own pool, just in case someone comes up with
    The Next Big Thing. Make sure it isn't happening somewhere else.

    Cheers,
    Brandon Van Every

    Brandon J. Van Every, Jan 12, 2007