Urgent question on upgrading for pixel shader 3 or 2.b on a low budget what would be the best...

Discussion in 'ATI' started by DDC, Jul 24, 2005.

  1. DDC

    DDC Guest

    Urgent question on upgrading for pixel shader 3 or 2.b on a low
    budget what would be the best...

    I can't get my mind fix on my next upgrade. Should i choice an ati
    x700pro 256 mb with vivo,<-- cause there is one--I, technologies or
    getting me an nvidia 6600gt with the same setting for video in. My
    principal though are for new technologies and video-in stuff. Also is
    there an ati x7xx series cards that have pixel shader 3? I can't
    understand why ati didn't put ps3 on there xseries.

    Finaly what's the difference between ps2 ps2.b and ps3.
    Are there any picture on the web that shows the difference.

    Thank you.

    DDC, Jul 24, 2005

  2. DDC

    First of One Guest

    The 6600GT is way faster even in raw horsepower.
    No ATi card has SM 3.0 support. The reason is quite simple: there are only
    one or two games that benefit from this technology. Meanwhile, you are
    paying for it by means of a higher transistor count, higher heat, and lower
    clock speed than what would be possible on a "simpler" GPU. The Geforce6
    series draw a lot more power and produce a lot more heat than competing ATi
    cards.

    First of One, Jul 24, 2005