    USB 1.1 sockets and 4 x USB 2.0 sockets ?

    Many thanks for any info,

    Speug, 14 May 05

    Speug, May 14, 2005

  2. Speug

    wederik Guest

    I had a similar situation : Dimension 8400 with USB 1.1.
    I added an USB 2.1card and a separate firewirecard and they both work
    fine.

    wederik, May 14, 2005

  3. Speug

    Tom Scales Guest

    Are you sure you mean Dimension 8400? The 8400 comes with USB2 for all the
    USB ports. You didn't need to add a card.

    Tom

    Tom Scales, May 14, 2005
  4. You certain you have a USB card? AFAIK USB support for Dells is
    integrated on the motherboard, i.e., no separate card.

    Sparky Spartacus, May 15, 2005
  5. Speug

    wederik Guest

    No, sorry ! (the wish was father to the thought ...) : it is a
    Dimension 8100 !

    wederik, May 15, 2005
  6. Speug

    Speug Guest

    Hi Folks,

    Sparky was correct - there is no separate USB 1.1 card and the USB 1.1 ports
    are part of the mother board.

    I went ahead and got a USB 2.0/Firewire combo card and installed it in the 1
    vacant slot - and now have 4 x USB ports on rear panel and 4 x USB ports
    on the front panel working.

    I still need to check out the Firewire ports by getting a cable for my Sony
    mini-DV camcorder.

    Many thanks for all the feedback.

    Speug, 18 May 05

    Speug, May 18, 2005