    says to install SP1 to get USB 2.0 working.
    Is there a way to get USB 2.0 working in WinXP without installing SP1?
    Thanks

    Divad, Feb 29, 2004

  2. Why don't you want to install SP1? It contains numerous security fixes.
    Is your copy of XP illegal and the Service Pack refuses to install? If so,
    buy a legal copy.

    Andrew Rossmann, Feb 29, 2004

  3. Divad

    D R Tester Guest

    My sentiments exactly, sounds as though someone is not runing a legitimate
    copy. If you are running a legit copy, you would be a fool not to upgrade to
    SP1 anyway.

    Dom

    D R Tester, Mar 1, 2004
  4. If your trying to go to Windows update and it won't let you, try this:
    Open REGEDIT (start/run) to:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WindowsUpdate
    Edit menu, Permissions. Give Administrator and System 'Full Control' and
    'Read' permissions (and)
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explore
    r and find the key named "NoWindowsUpdate" and delete

    Paul J. Veres, Mar 1, 2004
  5. He's not B.S.ing you that is what the driver disk tells you to do.

    James Steichen, Mar 2, 2004