    Will a new USB 2.0 pci card fit into my 8 year old computers 124 pin pci
    card slots? Do I have to look for a new pci card that says it is a 124 pin
    card?

    MLJ, Dec 27, 2008

  2. MLJ

    Mike Walsh Guest

    No problem. The Dimension 4100 has a PCI 2.2 bus.

    Mike Walsh, Dec 29, 2008

  3. MLJ

    MLJ Guest

    Thanks for that info. The last card I put in was a 56k modem card 7 years
    ago. These new cards look so much smaller than that one. But I guess the
    card doesn't have to take up the whole slot.

    MLJ, Dec 31, 2008
  4. MLJ

    Mike Walsh Guest

    That is correct. The electronics has gotten so small that most cards would be miniscule if they did not have connectors on them and have to physically fit the card slot.

    Mike Walsh, Jan 1, 2009