    options is a Trust USB 1.1 card using an Opti chipset. I heard the bad
    stories about VIA, and ALi chip sets. Any experiences on this one
    anybody?

    Keith Dawson, Jul 14, 2003

  2. Keith Dawson

    TSS Guest

    I used an entrega Opti chip USB 1.1 card in my VIA chip fic mainboard and
    disabled the VIA onboard USB and bingo - after weeks of frustration - no
    more USB problems!

    OPTI is one of the chip sets recommended on the very useful USBMAN man web
    site. I've since changed to an NEC chip USB 2.0 card and that is working
    well too (but much, much faster!).
    --

    TSS

    remove dots from email address