    How can I fix this?

    Thanks, Jeff

    , Jan 18, 2010

  2. <> wrote:
    > I have a new HP Pavilion with preinstalled W 7 and noticed something
    > weird with the light on my USB flash drive.
    >
    > When connected the drive's light goes on - which is normal. But after I
    > click on "Safely remove media ..." and get approval to remove it, the
    > light stays on. This is not the case with the same flash drive on my XP
    > laptop.
    >
    > How can I fix this?

    You don't have to 'fix' it, because it's normal behaviour. At least
    Windows Vista has this behaviour, so I assume this is something which
    Windows 7 has inherited from Windows Vista.

    I don't like it and you don't have to like it either, but it *is*
    normal behaviour.

    [FYI, I also tested the *same* USB memory stick on both XP and Vista.]

    Frank Slootweg, Jan 18, 2010

  3. Guest

    On 1/18/2010 8:28 AM, Frank Slootweg wrote:
    > <> wrote:
    >> I have a new HP Pavilion with preinstalled W 7 and noticed something
    >> weird with the light on my USB flash drive.
    >>
    >> When connected the drive's light goes on - which is normal. But after I
    >> click on "Safely remove media ..." and get approval to remove it, the
    >> light stays on. This is not the case with the same flash drive on my XP
    >> laptop.
    >>
    >> How can I fix this?

    > You don't have to 'fix' it, because it's normal behaviour. At least
    > Windows Vista has this behaviour, so I assume this is something which
    > Windows 7 has inherited from Windows Vista.
    >
    > I don't like it and you don't have to like it either, but it *is*
    > normal behaviour.
    >
    > [FYI, I also tested the *same* USB memory stick on both XP and Vista.]

    Thanks. Appreciate the info.

    , Jan 18, 2010
  4. On 1/18/10 8:14 AM, wrote:
    > I have a new HP Pavilion with preinstalled W 7 and noticed something
    > weird with the light on my USB flash drive.
    >
    > When connected the drive's light goes on - which is normal. But after I
    > click on "Safely remove media ..." and get approval to remove it, the
    > light stays on. This is not the case with the same flash drive on my XP
    > laptop.
    >
    > How can I fix this?
    >
    > Thanks, Jeff

    I have never seen that phenomenon. Obviously I have seen the LED flash
    when data is being accessed on the drive but not when its just sitting
    there doing nothing.
    Does that particular drive have a "power" LED in addition to a "access" LED?

    --
    http://www.vatican.va

    Father Justin, Feb 11, 2010